Hello, everyone! It’s been so cold in Tucson recently that you can see snow on the mountains! Christmas morning, Josh came rushing inside from taking the dogs out to tell me to get dressed because there’s snow! We walked around out neighborhood for an hour just taking photos of the mountains. It was the absolute perfect way to start Christmas morning. Usually, January is the time to start seeing some snow on the mountains around here!
Every year, people make “resolutions”, which usually involve a promise to be better versions of themselves. By February, I’m hard-pressed to find anyone who has stuck to their resolutions, let alone remember them. So, let’s call these my 217 goals!
- Travel more: I think everyone can do with a little more traveling! A common misconception is that if you travel, it has to be far. However, day trips can be just as fun! One of our goals is to explore more of the closer by towns around Arizona. We know we won’t be staying in Tucson forever, so we may as well take advantage of location while we can!
- Plant a garden: We actually have a great sized balcony at our current apartment. I’m dying to get out there and do something with it. I think it would be great to plant a sustainable garden filled with veg. Also, some flowers out there can’t hurt either. It’s been in the back of my mind for a couple of years and I think it’s time to hop to it!
- Maintain a routine: One of the challenges of married life is establishing the “norm”, or a routine. Though I love spontaneous adventures and fun, I truly thrive off of routine. I love using planners to establish routines, especially ones that have an hour-by-hour break down. The routine could be from household chores to blog posts to social media to fitness to cooking.
- Pick up yoga again: A few years ago, I was doing yoga daily, sometimes twice a day! It really made a difference for my stress levels. Not only was the practice relaxing, but it was amazing to walk around without feeling tension in my muscles. I haven’t actively practiced yoga in a year and it shows in my posture and attitude. I’m not sure if I will go to official classes, but I will definitely take it up with YouTube channels!
- Practice more kindness: I want to work on being kinder and more compassionate. It was a challenge I took on last year and I notice a difference in myself. It can be in simple ways (i.e. giving someone a compliment on the fly). Josh is one of the most kindhearted people I know so he’s my inspiration! Since actively working to be kinder, I feel like I’ve also been finding more joy!
That’s all for now! I hope your 2017 is one for the books!!