Hey all! I thought I’d do a little Cozie Dozen updates since there’s so much going on behind the scenes! Usually, I’m not this quiet on the blog, and, when I am, it’s because there’s projects galore! Anyway, I’ll jump in 🙂
- As a quick pregnancy note, I’m almost 4 months and the nausea is not letting up. I’m also still tired all the time, but it is getting better slowly. I was able to start feeling the little guy kick a couple weeks ago, too 🙂 It felt more like someone was flicking me from the inside than flutters. Anyway, I don’t want to turn this into a “mommy blog” or a place where all I do is talk about my pregnancy/baby because I tend to find those boring. I’ll do little updates here and there, but probably won’t be dedicating a ton of posts to it.
- I’m so excited for the fall/winter months! I feel like so much is happening in such a short amount of time! At the end of this month, we’re heading to California’s central coast for a much needed vacation. We haven’t been there in a year and a half and I’ve never visited during the fall months, so I’m super excited!
- On the note about fall, lots of knitting folks are coming out with their fall collections! I just got in the Whistler Cardigan from We Are Knitters so be on the lookout for that knitting review coming in October 🙂 The colors I got are “spotted beige” (main color), “wine” (side color), and “light pink” (side color). There’s 29 (!!!) different colors to choose from! I went with something that has a bit of a warmer tone because I thought it would all tie together nicely with those fall/winter colors. I think if I were to make two of these, the second color set I’d go for is “natural” (main color), “taupe” (side color), and “black” (side color).
- Gah, I have so many projects right now! Do you ever have this avalanche of projects and it’s like you don’t know where to start? I keep having these moments where I pick up one, then part of the way through it, I stop because I’m thinking I should just get the other one out of the way. It’s a vicious cycle. I’ve made a massive to-do list and put numbers by things so I can just mentally sort out what to do first.
- One of the projects I’m working on is the Palmer Cardigan by Brooklyn Tweed. I got the yarn (Palette yarn) from KnitPicks in July during a huge yarn sale and I’m just now getting to it. I wanted to make something for this pregnancy that I can continue to wear afterwards. My goal for my maternity wardrobe is to make it minimal (a few key pieces), quality (so it’s durable and I can wear it next time), and things I can continue to get use out of so they don’t collect dust.
- I actually haven’t even bought maternity clothes yet. I’ll probably start to collect some things next month. But, for now, things are fitting fine. I tend to go for looser style of clothing anyway, so everything has been lasting me! I think all I’m going to get is a couple v-necks, a pair of maternity jeans, and some sort of pj set and call it a day. I’m a true “use it until it fall to pieces” type girl 🙂
- Our book stockpile is jumbo size right now! I have couple books to share with you all next month that have (graciously) been sent to me and that I think are genuinely great. As I’ve mentioned before in this TBR post, we currently have two parenting books we’re reading. I don’t think we’ll read anymore than that because it’s all so subjective based on the child and how the couple works as a team. So far, we are not impressed with Unselfie. Josh is going to guest post the review for that in the upcoming months, which I’m excited for! He has a BS in Psychology and is going to be giving this review from his perspective as someone experienced in psychology and research. It’s going to be a great one!
- Speaking of book piles, I’m slowly getting back on the train to make headway on books again. The nausea and fatigue has seriously killed my reading capacity. Every time I’d try reading, all the words would start spinning on the page and I would lay down trying not to get sick. Total misery, especially because I have such amazing ones in my queue that I’m itching to get to!
- I am so behind on our Christmas stockings. I had a really great pace going, but then everything piled up, and now I’m nervous about finishing both! I’m almost done with one and I feel like I’ve been saying that for months. All that’s left is a little bit of detailing and sewing the stocking together. Then, it’s finished and I can start the other one! That’s another project that’s overwhelming my to-do list, oy…
- I have a big travel post coming up for all you travelers! I’ve talked with so many of you and friends regarding travel tips and vacation advice. I decided to stockpile it into one huge post that has all my best tips, from saving big bucks to feeling like you can travel to strange places in confidence. I have a feeling that this will be part one of a series, but we shall see!
- In my “spare time” (I’m snickering to myself as I write that, humor me), I love learning new languages! Currently, I’m fluent in English (obviously) and Italian. I was making some pretty good headway in French and doing little refreshers in Spanish. Between the moving, the pregnancy, and all the projects, I haven’t had a ton of time to work on learning, but recently, I’ve just been doing mini-practice sessions on Duolingo and I’m actually surprised at how much I’ve retained.
- Latest weird obsession: sudoku. Why is sudoku so addicting?! I’ve been playing it since I was a kid and, now, I have a phone app, which is a bit dangerous when your work day is through the roof, but way to (nerdily) fun to delete it 😉
Anyway, those are all my random little updates for now! There will be some fun posts to look forward to in the future, so be on the lookout 🙂 You can always follow me on Instagram so you can get a heads up when they’re live!