Instead of calling them “12 things” like I did in the past, I think I’m going to start calling these little blurbs a “Cozie Dozen” because…I like it? It sounds cuter? It’s more fun? Pick a reason that tickles your fancy 🙂 So, anyway, it’s been awhile so I’ll get to it!
- My allergies have been so bad this month. I thought they were going to be bad during mesquite season (which I think is like May-ish in Tucson), but I think they’re worse right now. No idea why that is. The only thing I can think of is that Shadow is about to shed her undercoat.
- I’ve been obsessively watching Grey’s Anatomy. I relate a little too well to Meredith Grey. I wish they would stop getting rid of so many original characters though 🙁
- I’ve been trying to catch up with reading because my TBR pile just keeps growing. Ugh, it’s such a frustrating place to be! I feel like I can’t focus, but I want to read and focus, you know what I’m saying? It’s such a weird feeling.
- I’ve almost finished one Christmas stocking with cross stitch. I stopped for about a month when we moved. And, now, I’m having an “oh crap” moment because Christmas is about 4 months away and we decorate the Saturday after Thanksgiving in our family. Mega crunch time!
- I also have about a billion knitting projects lined up. I’m working on one right now that I’m loving that I’ll show you guys soon! It’s perfect for the fall season! I had just dwindled down my stuffed knitting drawer… Then Knit Picks had a one of their yearly sales sooo… woops 🙂
- I think I’m going to make a master post for beginner knitters for you all because I hear from you guys a lot that you would love to knit or start knitting, but you don’t know how. I’ll promise you two things: 1) it’s super easy once you get down how to do a knit stitch and purl stitch and 2) it’s so addicting, you won’t want to do anything else.
- Speaking of Shadow shedding (from above), it’s my least favorite time of year. I can literally sit there for 2 (TWO!) hours just brushing her fur and getting out clumps of her undercoat. And every time I need to give her a bath, she has to be brushed like that! On the plus side, it’s a great arm workout.
- It’s monsoon season! I love monsoon season because it’s so comforting to listen to the thunder and crazy rain and curl up with tea and a book.
- Is it just me or have people been taking things way too seriously? It’s not necessarily about jokes. I guess I’m noticing it with lighthearted things, or things that are meant to be fun. Oy, I’m not wording this the way I want to. And it’s not just with me, I’m noticing comments on everyone’s stuff. Maybe it’s the time of year? I’ve noticed the people around me seem a little more depressed than usual.
- It’s so weird to live in a college town and watch everyone go back to school after you’ve graduated. Also, it’s crazy to think I graduated almost two years ago! I still keep up with all my Italian in my free time so I don’t lose any of it 🙂
- We’re planning a trip for the end of September that we’re really excited for! It’s definitely one of those long road trips, which always get me nervous (I’ve witnessed so many fatal car accidents), but I’m excited for the places we’ll be going!
- I can’t remember if I mentioned this in a previous post (I think I did?), but all my plants are officially dead. They were doing so well for awhile! And then summer hit and completed roasted them… I probably should’ve kept them inside so lesson learned! Also, just don’t give me plants.
Anyway, that’s all for now! I’m getting so excited for the fall season because it’s my favorite time of year! (Oh, yes, pumpkin everything :p)