I’m not sure how many of you have heard of the brand ColourPop. They started in 2014 and if you’re obsessed with makeup (like me), then you’ve probably seen them around! A few months ago, I decided to test out several of their liquid lipsticks so I could choose a color for my wedding day! In case you’re curious, I went with Frick N Frack (which kind of relates to me and my husband, ha!).
Now, keep in mind that I have extremely fair skin. Actually, that’s probably an understatement. Let me put it to you like this: I am a half shade, as in 0.5 (ZERO POINT FIVE) in Urban Decay Naked foundation. In L’Oreal True Match foundation, I’m N1, which is the lightest shade you can go and even that is a little dark. That being said, some of these lippies are going to look pretty dark on me, but most likely won’t look that dark on you!
I’m going to go through these one by one so you know what’s what! For the arm swatch, it’s from the top down. For the lip color picture, #1-#3 starts at the top left and #4-#6 starts at the top right.
- Lumiere 2: I had high expectations for this one from their site. It’s a matte liquid lipstick. I thought it was going to be more of a nude pink. This one is definitely a nude mauve, almost like a dark lavendar. It doesn’t look phenomenal on me, but I could see it working for a lot of people.
- Frick N Frack: My wedding day lipstick! This lasted pretty well. I only did a couple touch-ups (mainly for photos). I was mainly concerned about it coming off on my groom during any kisses, which it did a little, but it was easy to fix. It has a satin finish.
- Baracuda: This one is a couple shades darker than Frick N Frack. It also has a satin finish. What drew me to both of those is that I wanted a warm, earthy red. Something reminiscent of the ’90s without being a throwback. This one is exactly that!
- Lyin’ King: To be honest, this is the one I’ve worn the least. It reads more like a spring color than a winter color. So as soon as it starts warming up, you’ll probably be seeing it on me all the time! This is a toned down true pink. I love bold pink lipsticks and this one can definitely fall into that category with my skin tone! However, on most people who aren’t this fair, it’ll probably come off as a nice jewel tone.
- Avenue: This is a deep, vampy red. This one is a matte lipstick and it can be very drying. Since the pigment is so intense on this one, I recommend exfoliating first so the color doesn’t cling to any dry patches! One thing about this color is that I do notice that it gets darker as I go throughout my day. None of the other ones do that, but this one almost looks like a deep wine color after several hours of wear.
- Poison: This is actually one of their lippies and not a liquid lipstick! It’s incredibly creamy and smooth. It’s also ridiculously pigmented for a true lipstick! This color is definitely something straight out of the 90s and I love wearing it on casual days!
That’s all for now! ColourPop has fantastic makeup for a great value! All of these are somewhere within the $4-$6 range, which they don’t feel/look like at all!