It’s been a minute since I did one of these so I thought I’d hop on and give you all a dozen little life updates!
- My best friend went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter last month without me. But, I followed her on her Snapchats and it looked so awesome! (Which really just makes me want to go more) As condolences (and in true Ron + Harry form), she sent me a couple things from Honeydukes! Including a chocolate frog and a sugar quill, which if you wet the black tip, you can write with it! So awesome.
- We broke our tea kettle. I know so random. We had a glass tea kettle. To be honest, I wasn’t completely over the moon with it anyway because it gets so dirty and it’s hard to dry it without water spots. I had been thinking about just getting a different one for awhile. Then, it got a huge crack down the center of the bottom. I guess that takes care of it! We’re thinking about getting this one. But, I also love this copper one. Or, I may go with something more traditional like this one.
- Somebody put a site lock on my computer because I keep finding all these knitting sites and I have 0 self-control. I’ve found a couple baby patterns that I want to knit/crochet from Yarnspirations. I’m also dying to make this adorable pair of bunny overalls with this matching hat and booties from We Are Knitters! Our little one will be about a month old when Easter rolls around (which is on April Fool’s Day because God has a sense of humor?).
- I’m on the hunt to find a more efficient system for managing long-haul projects. I have so many projects where I can’t multi-task while trying to complete one, which makes everything seem exponentially more stressful. I’m always on the lookout for more time management techniques. So if you have any, toss them my way.
- I’ve officially hit the 6 month mark today! His kicks are getting stronger every day. It’s a little worrisome to me that if his kicks are this strong now, at the 23 week mark, what’s it going to be like at 39 weeks? I’m starting to understand why some moms develop the “get this baby out now” mentality.
- Speaking of baby, Josh has started working on his next toy! It’s a snowy owl 🙂 He has a list going now of different animals/things he wants to make. Baby probably won’t start using them until about 6 months anyway because they’re all wood. But, they’re coming out so cute and I can’t wait to show you all the next one!
- We’re starting the house hunting process. Apartment living has been a nightmare from A to Z for the last 18 months. I don’t think we’ll be moving out of Tucson within the next 3 years. We’re not looking for anything grand. Just a home that can house our little family and a couple dogs. Plus, it would be nice to have a place where I feel like I can customize it (i.e. floors, wall paint, etc.) without having to worry about changing it all back.
- Also, speaking of home stuff, I can’t remember if I mentioned it on here or not, but we found a great deal for a 6-piece dining room table set. Our dining room table is currently being reconstructed (Josh built it top to bottom in 2015 and it’s beautiful). However, since Josh is working insane hours in prep for baby, he’s putting the reconstruction on the back burner. So, I thought I’d get this set in the meantime!
- Going back to a mini baby update, my morning sickness is still hanging out. But, I can now eat apple slices, rice, avocado toast, and some smoothies. Wild, I know. At least it’s progress. And, it seems like my sweet tooth has completely disappeared during this pregnancy. I used to have a massive sweet tooth (dark chocolate in the house at all times). In fact, it’s gotten to the point that if it’s not a fruit or a vegetable, then I really don’t want it. Dairy, bread, pasta, snack-y things (minus some Goldfish here and there), chocolate, cheese, any dish that’s rich and/or heavy, all of it has been tossed aside because I feel like I can’t stomach it. Not necessarily a bad thing? I am starting to go back to the gym though because my fear of not being physically prepped for childbirth is more intense than my fear of “what if I puke on the treadmill”. Real life, folks.
- Book of the Month sent their book ambassadors last month a candle from Candlefish that’s an autumn sent. It’s just a little one, but it smells amazing. It’s a soy candle, too. I’m actually really impressed with them. I’ve burned mine for probably about 4 hrs now and it’s barely made a dent. It fills up the whole room in under 10 minutes and our whole place in probably about 15 minutes. Highly recommend!
- I’ve been resisting going into Anthropologie now that everyone has their seasonal items out. I don’t think I can resist for much longer though! I’ve been eyeing their assorted ornaments. I also want to go check out this piece because I need a holder for the fireplace to hang our stockings from! I just don’t know if I’ll like it as much once I see it in person.
- Yesterday, we went to Target and picked up our little one’s going home outfit! I wasn’t originally planning on getting anything (typical), but then we saw a cute little outfit. I can’t believe how tiny he is going to be! Josh has taken it back and forth out of the closet several times now just to lay it out and stare at it (adorable, I know). We also let the dogs smell it so they can start getting used to baby stuff. Shadow started nuzzling and snuggling it right away! I forget sometimes that I got her at 4-years old and that she used to belong to another family that had young children. She probably knew exactly what that scent was, which made her reaction exponentially cuter!
Anyway, that’s all my little updates for now!