Happy weekend everyone! I hope you have a great couple of days to relax and rest 🙂 This week has been a busy one for us, so I’d thought I’d catch you all up!
- Josh and I decided to do a little exploring of Tucson the other day. We’ve been living here for about 6 years now, and we know we won’t be living here forever. We came across a great little vegan ice cream place and absolutely love the cookies + cream!
- Spring is in full bloom! When spring happens in the desert, it usually means bursts of yellow everywhere. Which also means that soon prickly pears will be in season!
- Speaking of in bloom, I’m currently growing a couple avocado seeds! I almost wrote “hatch” instead of “grow” because that’s really what it feels like: like I’m hatching an avocado tree because the root cracks through the big middle seed and it looks like an egg split in two. I’ll do a post later on about how I did it so you all can grow one, too! Right now, I have two seeds that took root and they’re sitting on my windowsill.
- Easter is a week away! My mom already sent Josh and I our goodie baskets! As predicted, Josh’s half is basically gone haha! Oh well, he said now it’s an excuse to get more 🙂 Sneaky, sneaky…
- We took the dogs to the vet last week, too. Kodah, our baby, weighs in at a whopping 104 lbs.! I knew she was a big dog, but I was not expecting a tiny horse. She was wiggling a lot on the scale because she was terrified of it. I was watching the numbers jump around while she was wiggling and I think she’s closer to the 110 lbs. mark, to be honest. Both dogs are healthy and doing well 🙂
- I have a loooong list of books for this month’s TBR (to be read)! I’ve been so spoiled by Book of the Month Club and it’s a company I can truly get behind. Anyway, you all can expect another 4 (FOUR!!) book reviews this month as I try to catch up!
- Regardless of my book stack, I cannot resist Barnes & Noble. Ugh, especially because they have Starbucks built into it. Josh and I went in swearing we would not buy any books…walked out with two. Woops!
- Going off the previous point, one book we did get was a new plant-based cookbook from Oh She Glows. This has been much needed since we powered through pretty much all of Niomi Smart’s cookbook (a kitchen staple, in my opinion!). Since going primarily plant-based, we’ve been hard-pressed for recipes that aren’t just smoothies and salads or a vegan version of pizza, burgers, etc. The new cookbook from Oh She Glows is perfect!
- And going back to the Starbucks point, one of the Barnes & Noble employees shared a tip that you can get a baked good blended into your frappuccino. What?! Yup. You obviously have to pay for the drink and the baked good, but it sounds like heaven! Definitely a must for the occasional treat here and there.
- I’ve started cross stitching our Christmas stockings like the true grandma I am 🙂 When I found out that Josh had never had a proper Christmas stocking (cheapies with glitter glue don’t count), I thought I have to fix this. So, I’m making us both a stocking! If you’re going to do this, start now, because needle point and petit point takes a long time.
- I will have more knitting reviews for you all coming up in the next few weeks! One of the things I learned the hard way this winter is if you actually want to wear what you’ve knit, you probably need to make it in the spring and summer months so it’s ready by winter. Lesson learned!
- I’m currently on the hunt for some more ethical fashion brands. If you all have any suggestions, please leave a comment!! I’m struggling finding brands that don’t buy into sweatshops and fast fashion, but still produce cute clothes.
That’s all for now! Enjoy your weekend lovelies 🙂