There is so much that happened this year! Every year, I’m amazed at what can happen in 12 months. So, here are 24 reflections on the last year! I’ve also scattered in some of my favorite photos from the last year, as well!
1.This has felt like the fastest year! Every year, it feels like time speeds up a little bit more. There are points I forget how old I am altogether! I just got used to saying 23!
2. I’m also a year out from graduating college. I never thought I’d be here and I’m loving it. Something I worked on this year was going where the wind took me instead of white-knuckling my plans. It’s been pretty successful!
3. Another huge milestone was getting engaged! I never thought I’d be the type to be married young, but Josh is my better half in every way and form. He is my go-to guy and best friend. I couldn’t imagine not being his wife!
4. Along the lines of engaged, getting married! Here is the post if you missed it! Wedding planning was stressful, but it was such a relief to have a rock like Josh by my side. He was also really vocal in wedding decisions, so that made it easier, too. We absolutely loved our small wedding!
5. Between the engagement and getting married, we moved in together! I’m loving the little home we’ve set up. One of my favorite parts of moving in together was deciding how to decorate!
6. I’m still keeping up with my Italian. For those of you who are new (hi!), I have a degree in Italian Language + Literature. Language fascinates me and I don’t want to lose it. I’m also trying to (unsuccessfully) learn French and most of my Spanish has been coming back to me.
7. I cut my hair! This may not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but my hair has been long for about 8 years. I decided to chop it. I loved the short hairstyle, but I think I’m going to grow it back out now.
8. Blogging! This marks year 2 of blogging! Originally, I was on a different site, but decided to make the big switch to The Cozie so I can be more inclusive on my blogging topics.
9. Fun adventures! I loved going to San Luis Obispo this year with Josh! This year, we had more of relaxed vacation on the central coast since he already saw Hearst Castle and most of the tourist-y things.
10. Favorite book: All the Light We Cannot See. Honestly, it was hard for me to get into because it was a bit of a slow starter. In the end, I thought it was a masterpiece! Anthony Doer is such a beautiful writer. I’ll have to do a review on it!
11. Another thought on moving in together: having another dog! (No, not Josh :p) Kodah, Josh’s huge bulldog, is now officially part of the household! Shadow (my dog) loves Kodah. Moving in together has made them attached at the hip and it’s sweet.
12. Bachelorette party! My best friend/maid of honor threw such a great one! I wanted a lo-key night with my girls: hanging out, catching up, etc. It was just what I needed! Not to mention, the games Monica (aka bestie) put together were hilarious!
13. Currently watching: too many TV shows. Our home has turned into Shondaland. We’re hooked on Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, and How to Get Away with Murder. Does anyone want to be Olivia Pope? Because I do. Also, Jane the Virgin was surprisingly good.
14. Now that Josh is graduated (with Psychology), we’re considering future plans! We know we won’t be staying in Tucson permanently. Maybe for another year. We’re thinking Phoenix, but there’s also other cities all over the country that we’re considering as well.
15. This year, I’m especially grateful to my family. They adore Josh (I think they like him more than me…). My grandfather has even taken a special liking towards him and my grandfather is not one to warm up to any of the men married into the family.
16. Going off of above, a special moment for me was when my grandfather gifted Josh his cufflinks from the 1940s. Josh’s first family heirloom! They were the cufflinks my grandfather wore for his First Holy Communion and they have St. Christopher (the protector) on them. We were all really moved by the gesture.
17. Over the last year, some unique opportunities have surfaced for me, including working with brands like SONY, Lays, etc. That’s all because of you guys! So, thank you! I am truly grateful for you all.
18. I got my first DSLR camera last year! It’s a “baby” one. My family gave it to me and I’ve been getting more and more comfortable with it. The quality is amazing! I’m still not great with Manual Mode, but all in good time.
19. Picked up knitting again! It has been several years since I’ve knit anything. This Harry Potter sweater was the first sweater I’ve done. But knitting for me has a lot of muscle memory, so once I started, I just got going! It’s definitely my go-to now when I want to relax.
20. I’m venturing out with recipes. A lot of them are some basic ones that I used all the time. I posted them as they were requested. However, I’m deciding to mix up great ones for every day with more challenging ones with big pay-offs. Be on the look out!
21. This Christmas season is our first season with a fake tree. We loved our fresh pine last year, but we also love a tree that we know can hold lots of heavy ornaments. I do miss the pine smell of a fresh tree, but I don’t miss the clean up! Not to mention, a fake tree is better for the environment anyway.
22. On a completely random note, Tucson got snow in January in the mountains! We usually get snow in the mountains, but not to the point where you can see it. As a Southern California girl, I was absolutely stoked to witness it!
23. This year has been a great year of cultivating friendships. I have my group of girls in California that I adore and Josh and I have been meeting new friends left and right in Arizona! It’s been refreshing,
24. Overall, I’m grateful to even be writing this post. As the years pile on, I become more thankful that I get to wake-up in the morning. I’m extremely grateful that my loved ones are alive and in good health. I’m grateful for all the positive, beautiful souls that I’ve crossed paths with this year.
Thank you all!