You can find my lenses here. I’m in love with them. I have them in black ink!
You can buy these sandals here. They’re on sale right now for under $25! I think they’re pretty comfortable 🙂
Happy Wednesday! I thought I’d hop on here for a little chatty life update! Nothing outrageous or out there, just a little hello and what’s up along with some photos from phone over the last couple of weeks! 🙂
- I’m still really obsessed with my Warby Parker glasses. I didn’t think I would love them this much! To be honest, I was always the kid going to school without glasses because I was mercilessly teased for wearing them. I got my first pair of contacts when I was 9 so I wouldn’t have to wear glasses. But I’m obsessed with these lenses. I kind of want to go back and get the same pair, but in rose gold and switch them out depending on how I’m feeling.
- I should really make this a story time post, but my high school used to celebrate Harry Potter day. I thought it was something all schools did on some level! Each grade was a Hogwarts house and everyone went all out for it. Mine was Slytherin because most of us were trouble makers (oy), but I’m a true Ravenclaw (for all those nerds out there!). Anyway, I cannot believe Harry Potter is already 20 years old!
- My grandmother brought me one her cacti so I can start my own little cactus garden and… I already broke a piece. WHY AM I THE WORST AT PLANTS?! OMG, you guys, it’s so bad! I already killed a basil plant. Then, I grew an avocado plant from a seed AND killed that, too. Why am I so bad at this?! If I kill a cactus, you guys, I’m done. Don’t let me near green things. Ever.
- Anyway, my mother and grandmother are in town and they’re staying at Hacienda del Sol. If you ever come to Tucson, this is a gorgeous hotel. They just added a couple new buildings and their room is a dream. It looks like something straight out of Tuscany.
- We also went to dinner at Hacienda del Sol and it was amazing. The chef kept sending out little things for us to try that were amazing. They also had live music. A Spanish classical guitarist literally set himself up at our table and played a beautiful song for us. It was great!
- Kodah (our youngest dog) has been all sorts of clingy recently haha! I’ll be working at my desk and she’ll stick her nose under my arm just to see what I’m up to. It’s actually kind of cute how lovey-dovey she’s been 🙂 She has been a little bit of “problem child”, like trying to pick fights with Shadow. It was so weird because Kodah is not an aggressive dog. Over the last couple of weeks, the fight picking has stopped and now she’s an attention hog. No idea what she’s up to haha!
- My TBR list for July is intense. Is there a way for me to get 8 pairs of eyeballs so I can read them all at one time? I’ll be doing a new post series on it so be on the look out for that!
- I’m also going to be working on a couple summery outfit posts! I’m one of those people who loves the fall/winter time and then when it’s summer, I kind of just hide away. I don’t like the heat! Yes, I absolutely know the irony because I live in the desert.
- On a completely random note, I miss horseback riding. Josh refuses to even go on a trail ride! I used to ride all the time. Sometimes, I just have to remind myself that, once upon a time, I flew off a horse and head first into a fence. That usually curbs the desire for a little bit longer haha!
- I’m working on another piece for a knitting review! I haven’t decided if I actually will like the piece enough to keep it. I may pass it on to a friend, but we’ll see 🙂
- Does anyone have some good candle recommendations? I’m burning through mine pretty quickly. I’d like to get a soy candle because I heard they’re cleaner for the air and Josh has asthma so I don’t want to provoke it!
- Some people have been asking where my coffee table is from. It’s from Joss & Main. My mom and I were going back and forth on a couple and she gifted this one to us! Originally, it was sold out. So, we waited every day for a little email notification of restock and then pounced! I haven’t seen anything like it and I adore wicker (I’m actually 80-years old so…). You can find it here and we got it in the gold finish.
Anyway, see you all around! 🙂